Superior retention is just the beginning
A SUCCESSFUL PRODUCT WITH A NEW INNOVATION
RTD, the world leader in fiber post technology, announces the next evolutionary step in fiber post composition and performance; Macro-Lock Illusion X-RO.
X-RO involves a new, patented fiber; developed exclusively for dentistry by RTD, which is enhanced with unique radiopacifiers. The in vitro and clinical benefits are profound and persuasive.
Radiopacity of Macro-Lock X-RO is at least 50% greater than previous generations of Macro-Lock posts (Fig. 1), to reach at least 3.4mm or 340 % of Aluminum equivalent (ISO Standard #4049).
X-RO fibers also utilize a proprietary silane coupling agent that increases the bond between the fiber and the epoxy matrix. The new fiber improves Flexural Strength (Fig. 2)* by at least 200MPa and maintains high Fatigue Resistance* (10,000,000 cycles)
Optimization of the proven epoxy resin matrix; cross-linked to 99%+, resists water uptake even in extreme thermocycling tests 5°C – 55°C (Fig. 3 ).
|► Color-coding for easy identification, Posts match the drills.
► With patented ILLUSION technology, intrinsic color-coding disappears when seated, re-appears on demand, if removal ever becomes necessary.
As always, an Elastic Modulus close to dentin produces NO clinical root fractures
- Translucency provides esthetics and expedites the dual-cure cementation procedure.
- Corrosion-free and biocompatible. X-RO has passed the common test of cytotoxicity, but also intradermal reactivity, systemic toxicity, genotoxicity and hypersensitivity, in order to ensure complete biocompatibility and safety.
- Atraumatically removable in minutes***.
- Macro serrations and anti-rotation features interlock with the cement and core material to increase retention.
- Tapered shape enhances adaptation to the root anatomy and conserves dentin.
- 6 color-coded sizes, with matching drills, satisfy anatomical and clinical demands with ease.
- RTD has improved the micro-mechanical surface roughness on the "smooth" areas of the post.
- Together, these eliminate any need for chair-side silane coatings. Retention is better than other fiber posts from the same material, but without the retentions (Fig. 4) ***
* Internal data available upon request - ** Data from manufacturer - *** Complete studies available at www.rtddental.com
- Flexural Strength
- Interlaminate Shear Strength
- Fatigue Strength
- 1800 MPa
- 60-75 MPa
- 3.40 mm or 340% Al Equivalent
- >10 Million Cycles Without Breaking